On February 26, 2021, the three-day training course on “Specifics of conducting covert investigative (search) activities” for prosecutors of legal compliance departments of regional prosecutor’s offices was completed. The legal compliance departments are aimed at controlling compliance with the law by government agencies such as SBU and State Border Guard Service.
The following trainings were conducted during the training course:
- Day 1. “Evidence obtained as a result of conducting covert investigative (search) activities”
- Day 2. “Electronic (digital) evidence”
- Day 3. “Rules of prosecutorial ethics and ethics of evidence”, “Compliance with anti-corruption legislation”.
During the three days of training, prosecutors improved their practical skills in the following:
- application of the powers of the prosecutor provided by law during covert investigative (search) activities, primarily those that temporarily restrict the human rights of a citizen guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine;
- effective use of the results of these activities as evidence in adversarial proceedings in court;
- preparation of procedural documents when exercising procedural powers during the implementation of covert investigative (search) activities;
- refreshed knowledge of rules of prosecutorial ethics, ethics of evidence, as well as requirements of anti-corruption legislation.
The trainers of the training course were:
- Yana Talizyna-deputy head of the First Department of Procedural Management in Pre-Trial Investigation by Territorial Police Agencies of Kyiv Prosecutor’s Office;
- Ivan Kravchuk– senior detective – deputy head of the Fifth Detective Department of the Third Directorate of the Main Detective Division of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine;
- Andrii Garkusha– head of the Detectives Department of the Criminal Laboratory of the Analytics and Information Processing Department of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine;
- Inga Kalancha– prosecutor of the Kyiv Local Prosecutor’s Office № 2 Kyiv;
- Stanislav Samoilov– head of the 4th Department of the 3rd Directorate (Information Technology and Programming) of the Cyberpolice Department of the National Police of Ukraine;
- Valery Kravchuk– prosecutor of the Crime Prevention Department in the prosecutor’s offices of the Internal Security Department of the General Inspectorate of the Prosecutor General’s Office, Candidate of Law;
- Vitalii Plekan– prosecutor of the Crime Prevention Department in the prosecutor’s offices of the Internal Security Department of the General Inspectorate of the Prosecutor General’s Office, Candidate of Law.